This Saturday sees MMA Battle Arena visit a new Midlands location, as they bring the promotion to Nottingham for the first time. As always, there is a strong amateur card, with an international flavour.
The event will be headlined by bantamweight up-and- comer Macca White (4-1) as faces off against MMA Mafia’s Ryan Nugent (4-2), in what will undoubtedly be a high-octane back and forth.
The co-main features Munesh Modhvadia, who’ll be looking to get back to winning ways, after losing a Featherweight World Title bout to Duncan Djillali in his last Battle Arena appearance. This time he comes up against Kevin Flannigan, who’ll be keen to show the new skills he’s developed in his time away from the cage.
As always, the card is packed with potential ‘fights of the night’. Fresh from her hard-fought split decision victory against Indy Briar, Sophie ‘No Joke’ Luxton (1-2) returns to the Battle Arena stage. This time she comes up against The Unit’s Beth Cherry (0-2). Luxton is known for her fast paced, aggressive kickboxing style; so win, lose or draw, the crowd always come away entertained.
In what will most likely be the most aggressive bout of the night, McLeod MMA’s stand out Sean Costello faces RPMAA’s Bradley Owen. Costello last appeared on Battle Arena in February and brutalised his opponent, Jack Field, before accidentally landing an illegal shot which finished Field, causing the referee to call off the fight and declare it a No Contest. Bradley Owen comes into this as a late replacement, stepping up from Lightweight to compete at his walk around weight. Owen was due to appear at Battle Arena 45 but unfortunately had his fight cancelled on the day. His last appearance was back in April where he weathered the first round storm against the super-aggressive Jack Drake (who also appears on this weekend’s card) on Battle Arena 44, before showing the crowd his own skill set and securing a second round rear naked choke victory.
With thirteen bouts in all, four of which feature Norwegians from the famed Frontline Academy, this promises to be another action-packed night for patrons.The card below does not represent the confirmed running order:
The card below does not represent the confirmed running order:
– 84kg Adrian Jahre (Frontline Academy) vs Michel Janik (Nottingham MMA)
– 100kg Esklid Magnusson (Frontline Academy) vs Konrad Dziczek (Berserkers Ketryzn)
– 77kg Simen Hansen (Frontline Academy) vs Nathan Rich (Impact MMA)
– 66kg Max Lewinksi (4 th Dimension) vs Jake Stark (Tap n Snap)
– 70kg Tommy Lewis (RPMAA) vs Mehrgan Bjanpoor (Frontline Academy)
– 77kg Callum Birkenshaw (SLK MMA) vs Jack Drake (Impact MMA)
– 61kg Jay Smith (RPMAA) vs Jack Whitehouse (Tap n Snap)
– 61kg Brandon Ewell (The Unit) vs Tyrone Robinson (Tap n Snap)
– 77kg Bradley Owen (RPMAA) vs Sean Costello (McLeod MMA)
– 77kg Quaid Gale (4 th Dimension) vs Andrei Popovici (Urban Kings)
– 59kg Beth Cherry (The Unit) vs Sophie Luxton (Impact MMA)
– 66kg Munesh Modvhadia (4 th Dimension) vs Kevin Flannigan (Hard Knox)
– 61kg Macca White (RPMAA) vs Ryan Nugent (MMA Mafia)
The event takes place at the Hillwell Olympia Sports Centre, Byepass Road, Beeston, Nottingham. NG9
5HR. Doors open at 3pm. A handful of tickets are still available for purchase at the door.