One-half of the deal is done.
During an interview on “Inside the NBA” on Wednesday night, UFC President Dana White confirmed that Conor McGregor has signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather. White had previously stated that McGregor would earn $75 million should the fight take place but he did not mention if that was currently the case.
“The McGregor side is done. I’m starting to work on the Mayweather side now,” White said. “I’m not saying the fight will happen. I got one side done, now I’m starting to work on the other. If we can come to a deal with [Al] Haymon and Mayweather, the fight’s gonna happen.”
In a statement issued to TheMacLife.com, McGregor confirmed that his part of the deal has been struck.
“It is an honour to sign this record breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship, and Paradigm Sports Management,” McGregor said.
“The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.”
Check out the video below:
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) May 18, 2017