Tanko Events will hold its first submission grappling event on May 14, 2017, at the Manchester Warehouse in Manchester, England.
In the main event, Daniel Strauss will meet Lucio Sergio Dos Santos whilst in the co-main event, renowned MMA referee Marc Goddard meets Kameron Atakuru.
Additionally, Tanko has told MMA Mad that Emil Malczewski vs Ian Entwistle and Paddy Pimblett vs Lloyd Cooper have officially added to the card.
Check out the complete rule set for Tanko Submission Championships 1 below along with the updated fight card.
TSC will follow similar rules to the now established Eddie Bravo Invitational (EBI) tournaments.
• Matches are 10 minutes long
• Submission ONLY – No Points
• If nobody gets a submission we move into ‘Overtime Rounds’
Overtime Round Rules:
• Competitors flip a coin to decide who goes first
• Competitors choose to start attacking from either the back or Spiderweb position (armbar)
• Competitors take turns to attack from chosen position
• If one competitor submits, and the other does not (opponent escapes), he is declared winner
• If both competitors escape, we move to the next overtime round (maximum 3 overtime rounds)
• If there are no submissions at the end of the three overtime rounds, the competitor with the fastest combined escape time wins the match
Daniel Strauss vs Lucio Sergio Dos Santos
Marc Goddard vs Kameron Atakuru
James Nardone vs Chris Coltrane
Dave Minto vs Shaun Matthews
Adam Adshead vs Paul Cole
Martyn Cahill vs Mark Bottom
Emil Malczewski vs Ian Entwistle
Paddy Pimblett vs Lloyd Cooper
Grant Short vs Lee Simpson
Paul Craig vs Andy Clamp
Chris Regan vs Claudio Silva
Neil Atkins vs Nam Haong
Chris Thompson vs Ali Arish
Chau Cheung vs Kieran Coxon