Alright boys and girls, I’m gonna level with you. We need your help.
It’s been three years since I joined up with MMA Mad. The decision was an easy one at the time. Fresh out of college with an engineering degree in hand, I needed something to balance out my life. I’ve always been a split between the analytical and the creative and without a bit of both, I start to lose it.
In joining the team, I met someone whose drive and determination not only matched my own, but in many ways surpassed it. Dale Jordan – the founder and lead writer at MMA Mad – is, for my money, the very best in the industry.
On the shoulders of his relentless posting of inside scoops and breaking news, we’ve built one of the most successful MMA websites in the world. And although writers have come and gone over the years, at it’s core, this has been a two man operation. Dale and myself.
As with all independent enterprises, my role within the company has changed a few times. I’ve been a writer, editor, video blogger, and social media correspondent. Lately, I’ve been spending the majority of my time focusing on The MMA Mad Podcast, a show that has evolved from a side project to a focal point of the brand; a place where we bring in the top personalities of our sport for one-on-one exclusive conversations that can’t be found anywhere else.
I’m proud of what we’ve created. And part of that pride stems from the fact that we’ve done it with such a small team. But the time for growth is now. And we’re determined to do this the right way.
Okay, so this is what we’re looking for:
- Focus and Drive
- At this level, the payoff will not always be immediate or satisfactory. You’ve got to struggle for what you believe in, and I promise you – with the right team in place – this can and will become something big.
- Creative Content
- There are plenty of sites out there doing fight predictions or recap articles. We’ve seen it. It’s boring. What is something that you can bring to the table that no one else can? What makes you unique? We’re open to thinking outside the box here at MMA Mad, and if you’ve got a great idea for something new and original, we’d love to hear it. Or more effectively, SHOW us what you can do.
- Talent In All Forms
- Not an MMA expert? That’s fine. We don’t need a bunch of fight analysts. If you can provide an outside perspective on MMA topics, we want you. If you are an expert in marketing or social media and think you can help grow our brand, we want you. There isn’t one right answer here people. Sell us on why you would be a good fit for this site and we will welcome you with open arms.
To reach out to us with submissions or inquiries, please email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise to read every email and give everyone a fair chance. This is your chance to get it on the ground floor of something great. Don’t miss it.
Latest posts by Nicholas Rizner (see all)
- Ep.124: PartyCast w/Nick Newell, Justin Sumter & Steve Rizner (From FAA CT) - September 15, 2017
- Ep.123: Outside The Bubble w/Monica & PartyCast from Valencia - September 7, 2017
- Ep.122: PartyCast w/Jordan, Rudy & Dinis “Sweetbread” Paiva - August 23, 2017