UFC 200: Brock Lesnar takes clear victory over Mark Hunt in return to MMA

Brock Lesnar proved that he is still a legitimate threat to any heavyweight in the world in his successful return to the cage against legendary heavyweight Mark Hunt at UFC 200.

UFC 200 is being held tonight (July 9, 2016) at the T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada.

The event will be the first that the organization has hosted at T-Mobile Arena, which opened in April 2016. It takes place during the UFC’s annual International Fight Week and marks the second time the UFC has held host three events in consecutive days.

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt took place on the main card which aired on PPV.

The two giants touched gloves and it got underway! Lesnar didn’t immediately bull rush the Super Samoan, which is surprising.  Instead, they both circle for the first miute, with little action.  Lesnar landed a leg kick and then narrowly dodged a bomb from Hunt.  Another kick from Lesnar, and then Lesnar went for the takedown.  He missed at first, but kept up with it and got deep.  Hunt held the fence, but Miragliotta slapped his had away and he ended up on the mat.  Hunt stood for a moment, but went right back down.  Lesnar landed in side control and began trying to set Hunt up for either strikes or a submission.  Hunt turned away, but Lesnar just kept riding him while landing hammerfists from time to time.  He opened up with heavier shots in the final thirty seconds and ended the first round in mount.  

Lesnar still looked fresh entering the second round.  Hunt also looked to be in decent shape.  The Samoan ws stalking Lesnar now, but not throwing much.  He landed an overhand right, but Brock brushed it off.  Hunt landed a hard jab that seemed to wake Lesnar up a bit, but then he returned to circling.  he failed on a shot, but got away cleanly.  Hunt still hadn’t let much loose inn the round.  Lesnar ducked another shot, went for a takedown but missed, and took a deep breath upon standing.  Lesnar was definitely tired at this point, but Hunt still wasn’t pressing the action.  A combo here and there, but nothing sustained.  Lesnar jabbed from time to time, as well, but not much more than that.  Lesnar pressed Hunt against the cage with thirty seconds remainning, but couldn’t advance past that and the bell sounded.

More jabs from Lesnar, but Hunt puts an overhand right over top of one that had Brock riled for a moment.  He recovered, though, and finally scored with a double leg.  Lesnar almost secured mount, pressed his forehead into Hunt, and started punching.  Hunt gained half guard, but couldn’t stop the blows from raining down.  Lesnar increased the power behind the punches and moved to full mount with around two minutes left to fight.  Hunt tried to push Lesnar’s face away, but was unable to do much.  Lesnar kept punching all along.  He seemed to be trying to set up and arm-triangle with the punches.  Hunt was looking desperate at this point.  Lesnar pounded away until the bell signaled the end of the fight.

Brock Lesnar emerged victorious in his return to the Octagon with three scores of 29-27.

Leave a Reply