UFC 196: McGREGOR vs. DIAZ took place on Saturday, March 5th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event was headlined by “The Notorious” Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz, while the women’s bantamweight world title was contested in the co-main event between Holly Holm and Miesha Tate. Following the event, UFC released the following overview:
· UFC 196 is trending to be the highest PPV event in UFC history
· UFC 196 had the highest digital PPV sales of all time
· UFC 196 PPV Prelims averaged 1.8M viewers, making it the second highest viewed PPV prelims in FS1 history
· UFC 196 had the highest PPV Prelim P18-49 audience in FS1 history with 1M viewers
· UFC 196 PPV prelims ranked #1 across broadcast and cable during its time period with M18-34, P18-34, M18-49 and P18-49 demographics
· UFC 196 set the record for new subscribers and viewership for the UFC FIGHT PASS Early Prelims.
· UFC 196 Embedded Youtube series had 4.9M views, a record for the short form series to-date
· UFC 196 was the #1 Twitter sporting event for the week of 2/29 – 3/5 and #1 sporting event on 3/5 with 107M impressions and 844K tweets in the U.S. alone
· The @UFC Twitter handle was the most engaged sports brand on Twitter during the week of 2/29 – 3/5
· The UFC accounts gained almost 100,000 new fans on Facebook and Instagram during the week of the event alone
· UFC 196 set the record for highest event traffic to UFC.comCheck out our latest podcast episode featuring Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports.