In case you have been living under a rock, you will know and have probably seen by now that Conor McGregor knocked out Jose Aldo in just 13 seconds at UFC 194 last night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With the win, McGregor earned himself multiple places in the record books.
- The 13-second KO victory marked the fastest title-fight stoppage in UFC history breaking Ronda Rousey’s previous record of 14 second stoppage of Cat Zingano at UFC 184 in February.
- With the KO victory, McGregor earned a fifth consecutive ‘Performance of the Night’ bonus earning the Irishman $250,000 in post fight bonus awards alone.
- Most consecutive Performance of the Night awards: 5 (vs. Diego Brandão, Dustin Poirier, Dennis Siver, Chad Mendes and José Aldo)
- McGregor now has five stoppages in six UFC fights.
- McGregor has now lost since November 27, 2010 (15 fight winning streak)
- McGregor broke the highest gate in the United States for an MMA event ($10.1 million)
In case you missed the fight highlights from the main event of UFC 194, you can check them out here.Check out our latest podcast episode featuring a conversation with Cortney Casey.